Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Three Days of King Birthday Ceremony

The Cambodia King Birthday is holding from May 13-15, 201l. All Cambodian people are my allowed to have three days off in this occasion. For BELTEI International Institute in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, H.E. Ly Chheng, a Director-General of BELTEI GROUP, has arranged a tour for all the deputy campus directors who in charge of General English and General Education to trip to Angkor Wat where is located in Siem Riep province.

All the campus directors are taking responsible for permanence in their campuses. I am one of them who are standing by for my campus where's located opposite the Pochengtong market. In this occasion, I don't know where should I go after controlling the security guards and check the attendance in order to make sure who are absent. I ride a bike around the Pochengtong area to view the scenery and to do exercise.

Most of Phnom Penh dwellers are visiting the countryside because they are bored with the traffic jam, air pollution, etc., and some others are staying at home to watch TV or surf the net. They don't want to go outside from 9:00am to 4:30pm because of the hot weather.

When I ride my bicycle around the Pochengtong or Phnom Penh downtown, the transportation on the roads are decreased. It makes me easy to ride from one place to the others. Normally, I have to spend at least 20 minutes to ride my bike from Pochengtong to the downtown, but today I spent only 15 minutes to be there. It means that the people who are living in the city or capital are changing their habit from traveling in the downtown to visiting the countryside. For the rich people, they bought houses for relaxing in the provinces when they are free from work or in the national holidays.

They start talking about the advantage of forest, weather, environment which I have never heard them to mention about them before, and they also begin thinking about natural resources because they understand clearly about world natural disasters which are destroyed by the human being in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment