Sunday, May 17, 2015

Khmer New Year 2015

April 18, 2015

In the morning, I was having breakfast and coffee at Theng Hai coffee shop near Psar Leu market at Sihanouk province.

I got a call from my wife to tell my that my elder son and his wife asked me to visit Koh Kong because they have never been there since the Koh Kong road constructed. I thought that it was also a good idea to visit Koh Kong because some of my family members have never visited there excepted my daughter and me.

So, I drove my car back home and let them to prepare clothes to visit Koh Kong.

On the way to Koh Kong is hard to drive because the roads are series of dangerous bends and ahead. We couldn't drive fast. The speed maximum is about 60 to 70 kms. However, we still hope our trip were happy.

We took four hours to drive from Sihanouk province to Koh Kong province. We arrived there at 2:25pm. When we arrived Koh Kong downtown, we were moving to Koh Kong and Thailand  border because we didn't want to waste our time.

Parking the car near the Koh Kong and Thailand border, I exchanged $50 to Baht currency. I got 1500 Baht, then we were walking to the check points. First we asked the permission license from Khmer Police Immigration.

They charged us 2,000 riels for each and handed us a ticket. I had to use my ID card to register to enter the Thai border. When I arrived the Thai's check point, I had to show Thai police immigration.

The Thai authority allowed us only to enter to market where Khmer people and some Thai people are selling Thai products only. If we would like to move far from that territory, we need to have passports.

I bought Rai Ban glasses. It costs 750 baht and a hat for my daughter. My wife bought blankets and somethings else.

Then we left the border to move to Koh Kong resort. In fact we didn't know where should we go. We just asked people there to find the places for visiting.

Then we moved to Korng Kang forest (mangrov) to visit there. We walked around Prey Korng Kang around 2 hours. Then we left it to look for a guest house in Koh Kong province.

The guest house costs $15 for double room. We rent two room to stay one night.

In the early morning, we left the province early because we had some works to do next in Sihanouk province.

I let my elder son to drive a car because I felt dizzy. He said,"The Koh Kong road is difficult to drive and made him dizzy, too." On the way home, we saw a death girl by accident who was lying on the right side of National Road # 4. Our car was moving on the way home with safety.

We arrived home at 11:15am. I didn't relax at home, but I continued to go to check the land of my boss, H.E. Ly Chheng, because my brother-in-law and the other person were taking responsible for cleaning the land of him. I were standing there until 3:15pm (work was completely done). Then I came back home to relax about 15 minutes, and I continued to drive my car to Phnom Penh because my work would start tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment