Saturday, July 11, 2015

Deleted Two Closed Friends From The List.

Today is Saturday, July 11, 2015, I make up my mind to delete two  closed friends from my list. It is not easy to make the last decision for me, but I have no choice to do that. Friends are more important to my life. Friends also make me happy and upset, However, we still need friends in the society.

Although I deleted them from my list, but I still consider they are friends in my mind because we used to be friends for ages. On the other hand, we sometimes also shared good ideas when we faced some troubles, for we were hard to tell anybody about our secrets to whom we are difficult to trust.

I have quoted some notes from one of website www.psychologytoday.com about friends as the following:
  1. Common interests. This probably ties us closer to our friends than many would like to admit. When our interests diverge and we can find nothing to enjoy jointly, time spent together tends to rapidly diminish. Not that we can't still care deeply about friends with whom we no longer share common interests, but it's probably uncommon for such friends to interact on a regular basis.
  2. History. Nothing ties people together, even people with little in common, than having gone through the same difficult experience. As the sole glue to keep friendships whole in the long run, however, it often dries, cracks, and ultimately fails.
  3. Common values. Though not necessarily enough to create a friendship, if values are too divergent, it's difficult for a friendship to thrive.
  4. Equality. If one friend needs the support of the other on a consistent basis such that the person depended upon receives no benefit other than the opportunity to support and encourage, while the relationship may be significant and valuable, it can't be said to define a true friendship.
I really know that friends are important to me, but what I have made up my mind because of the reasons and pushes me to do that. However, I wish my ex-two closed friends happiness and success in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment