Saturday, May 15, 2010

Younger Sister Offering Food to Buddhist Monks

May 14, 2010 I went to visit my parents at my younger sister in Sihanouk province. My sister is one of Buddhism. She always goes to the pagoda to offer food to the monks on the day set aside for the observance of Buddhist precepts (Thngay Sel). Beside that day, she always cooks food given to the monks. She said that about 20 to 30 monks a day are given food and each monk is offered 500 riels.

When I visited my parents, I saw monks came to her home. She was standing in front of her house with three plastic armchairs for the monks sitting. First, she offered ice-water for each because she finds that the weather is so hot, so the monks got thirsty. Second, A couple minutes letter, she spooned rice and put into the monk's bowl (Bat Lork), and she put meal into monk's one stack of howls and 500 riels for each. Last, After giving food to the monks, she and I were sitting to salute by placing both hand together and listen to the monks was praying to the ancestors and relatives who were died to get these offer foods.

From one shift to the others, my sister and I continues until 10:35pm and I told her that I have to go home for joining lunch with my family. I was very happy to do the good things with my younger sister. When I arrived home, I had lunch with my family and I stated to turn on my computer to post what has happened this morning on my website.

Contact:
Cellphone: 855-15926688, 855-13926688
Email: kimvireak@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment